Monday 24 March 2014

#BigQs WITH MAASAI


Maasai what are your real names?
Julius Kwang'u

Where were you born?
 I was born in Western, Kakamega to be specific

When did you start stand up comedy?
2011 on GBS tv. I t was a stand up comedy competition show and i emrged number two. 

And then....
From there I did not stop. I perfomed stand up comedy on Churchill Live which aired on Ntv, Krazy Comedy which aired on KTN and currently am in Comedy Central Ke. 

I understand your are an actor. Where have you acted?
I have featured in Inspekta mwala, Bebabeba, Tabasamu and currently I am on Maisha Bure, which airs on Qtv. I am acting as a maasai.

What inspired you to perfom stand up comedy as a maasai.
I have always wanted to be Julius, a luhya but when i went to GBS they requsted me to be a gateman and I imitated a maasai and they said it was awesome. From there on there was no truning back.

Do people love what you do?
Yes. Recently I performed at the Riverwood Awards and they loved it.Trust me.

How many events have you perfomed?
Many. Celebnyt in House of Grace Embakasi , Mayfair, Comedy in the Southsands to mention a few. But Riverwood Academy Awards was my biggest.

Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
Far. The whole of Kenya and Africa will know Maasai and I will be the most sought after comedians.

Who is your favorite kenyan actor?
Gerald Langiri. 

Who is you favorite Kenyan actress?
Tash from bebabeba

According to you, who is the best dressed individual in Kenya?
Me and Nimrod Taabu

Who is your favourite comedian in Kenya?
Eric Omondi

And in the world
Masanja Mukandamizaji fromTanzania.

Apart from comedy...
I merchandise building materials in Westlands.

Your perfect woman...
A brown one.Someone presentable with admirable qualities.

You are both an actor and a stand up comedian. Which one are you planning to further?
Both!

Follow us;
sanaa news

Like us
sanaa news

No comments:

Post a Comment