Monday 31 March 2014

#BigQs with INNOCENT NJUGUNA




 Who is Innocent? 
Innocent is a cool easy going guy.

Of all the paying careers, why acting? 
Acting gives me a sense of belonging

How long have you been acting?
I started...quit and went to school, worked in different fields and went back to my   first love.... let’s say one year and a half years.

Have you managed to live a comfortable life with your skill? In other words, is acting paying?  
Well, it is not as paying as it should be since I have to work two or three jobs which is not easy, but, things are not so bad. Things can only get better!

You have a great body, has it always contributed in getting you roles?
(Laughs) I sure do hope it does. I have loved working out ever since I was young and admired all those guys on t v or in my hood who were fit.....I think it does contribute in a way

Why do you always land the 'bad boy' role?
Does it mean your personality is quite similar? (Laughs) No, I am just the opposite. I don't think am a bad person but I don't mind it at all, I like those roles.

What do you really look for in a woman?
I like them small, a good heart, love me for me, hold a conversation, speaks her mind, take care of me like a baby…(Laughs)

What is that role you can never play?
I am an actor...I try to be as versatile as I can, just like Johnny Depp.

What do you think is wrong with our film industry?
We need a body... a structure and then everything else will fall in place





You are also a model, spotted on the 'HBOX' billboard, has it boosted you career in anyway? HBOX is a new commodity in town...So, I guess it will all depend with how well it hits the market

In your own words, compare the Film industry in Kenya and Nigeria...
Nigeria is on a different level. Most of their content is not up to standard but they have the support of their government and their own people...the good thing is Kenyans are now starting to embrace their own, so I should say that we are headed there.

Who is your best actor in Kenya?
Raymond Wafula. He does roles that I will be doing when am his age, which is awesome.

Do you think Kenyan TV stations are doing enough to support local content?
Ten years ago, we had close to zero percent content, right now we are close to forty percent. We are not there but am hoping with time things will get better. A lot of media houses have shown a lot of interest in the Kenyan content.

Do you support the gay community in Kenya?
I believe everyone has a reason for what they do. I do not need to approve or disapprove, it's your life, do what you want.

Who is your best Kenyan director?
I have worked with a few. they have different styles and all of them are really great...Allan of JANE AND ABEL, Alfi of MABESTE, Gatero of JULIET and Eric of MAMA DUKA a young director and very creative.

Parting shot… 
You can never go wrong with passion

7 comments:

  1. Love it. He is a humble, kind and fun Man. i look up to him, he follows his heart and is passionate in what he does! It can only Go UP AND UP AND UP from here!! Big-up Inno!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro im so happy you are doing what you were created to do.this is a God given talent,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Innocent well done hope to see more great things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the most humble and kind hearted guy I know,
    He is noble and always willing to help, passionate about life and what he does,
    Innocent you gat this and you going places...God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. He keep it real;gud listener ,humble,kind,loving and above all A gud friend rarely to find dis dayz;BFF 4lyf ......Keep up Inno and never giveup u gud in wat u do"SKY IS DA LIMIT"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of u,I know how much you try n i believe u are the best n going places.Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo inno do it like you used to do back then you rocked in khans do it out there........and you be going places

    ReplyDelete